Dr. Aizreena Binti Azaman
Niche Area : Human Motion Analysis, Rehabilitation Engineering and Biosignal processing
Aizreena Azaman is a senior lecturer at Faculty of Engineering, UTM Skudai since October 2015. Born and rise in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She graduated from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia with bachelor degree in Electronics Engineering (Medical Electronics). Then, she pursued her post graduate study in 2011 and graduated with Master of Biomedical Engineering from University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. In 2015, she completed her doctorate degree at Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan. Her research interest includes gait and posture analysis, rehabilitation engineering, and muscular signal processing. Her recent research project including classification of EMG features for athlete profiling, knee osteoarthritis detection using gait analysis and development of VR environment for gait rehabilitation.
1. Non-invasive Electromyography Signal as a Potential Biomarker for Youth Athlete Profiling
2. Intergration of Pain Assessment and Gait Characteristics for Knee Osteoarthritis Severity Classification
3. AndroBalance: Postural Balance Measurement
1. Universiti Teknologi Mara, Puncak Alam
2. Penawar Hospital
3. Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Bahru
4. Ezon Berhad
5. CTOS Rehab & Recovery, Seri Kembangan
- Azaman ,A.*, Abdul Halim, H.N, Abd. Aziz, M.F.S, and M.A Bilal, S. (2020). Preliminary Study on The Use of Kinect Camera for Observational Gait Analysis System. The 11th Asian Pacific Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering. IFMBE Proceedings Series – presented (ISI indexed)
- Sulaiman, M.*, Azaman, A., Salleh, N.A, and Yahya, A. Lower Limb Muscles Activation of Endurance and Power Athletes. The 11th Asian Pacific Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering. IFMBE Proceedings Series -presented (ISI indexed)
- Abdul Halim, H.N., Azaman, A. And Yahya, A. Gait Characteristics and Pain Assessment for Symptomatic Knee Osteoarthritis. The 11th Asian Pacific Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering. IFMBE Proceedings Series -presented (ISI indexed)
- Che Hamid, N. H., Zakaria, A. C., Mustafah, N. M., Azaman, A., & Johar, K. (2020). Electromyography (EMG) for Assessment in Low Back Pain; Erector Spinae Muscle. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 834, 012043. doi: 10.1088/1757-899x/834/1/012043 (Scopus-Indexed)
- Saad, W. A. A., Mat Dzahir, M. A., Yamamoto, S., Hussein, M., Mohamad, M., Saad, S. M., & Azaman, A. (2020). Differences of spinal kinematics contribution between cervical and multi-segmental thoracic spine during Sit-To-Stand (STS) & Stand-To-Flexion (STF). IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 788, 012026. doi: 10.1088/1757-899x/788/1/012026(Scopus-Indexed)
- Abdul Halim, H. N., Azaman, A., Manaf, H., Saidin, S., Zulkapri, I., & Yahya, A. (2019). Gait Asymmetry Assessment using Muscle Activity Signal: A Review of Current Methods. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1372, 012075. doi: 10.1088/1742-6596/1372/1/012075(Scopus-Indexed)
- Sulaiman M., Azaman A., Yahya A. (2020) Influence of Individual Physical Activity on EMG Muscle Activation Pattern. In: Hassan M. et al. (eds) Enhancing Health and Sports Performance by Design. MoHE 2019. Lecture Notes in Bioengineering. Springer, Singapore. (Scopus-Indexed)
- Baharuddin, N. F., A. Azaman, et al. (2018). Lower Extremity Muscle Strength Training Device Using Self-Balancing Scooter. 2018 IEEE-EMBS Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (IECBES). (Scopus-Indexed)
- Nursyazana, R., Asnida, A.W., Aizreena, A., Shakhih, M., Faiz, M., Hanif, R.M., & Izwyn, Z. (2018). Effect of Ankle Weight Variation on Skin Surface Temperature Profile Using Thermography Technique. 2018 2nd International Conference on Bio SignalAnalysis, Processing and Systems (ICBAPS), 191-196. (Scopus-Indexed).
- Aizreena Azaman et al (2017). Effects of Baby Carrier on Wearer’s Posture Stability. Journal of Mechanical Engineering. Vol SI 4 (1), 107-118, 2017. (Scopus-Indexed)
- Ridzuan, N., Azaman, A., Soeed, K., Zulkapri, I., & Wahab, A. A. (2017). Evaluation of muscle fatigue using infrared thermal imaging technique with assisted electromyography. Malaysian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences, 13(4-2), 509-514. (ISI-Indexed)
- Rahman, K. A., Azaman, A., Latip, H. F. M., Dzahir, M. A. M., & Balakrishnan, M. (2017). Comparison of tibialis anterior and gastrocnemius muscles activation on balance training devices and hoverboard. Malaysian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences, 13(4-2), 495-500. (ISI-indexed)
- Dzahir, M. A. M., Nor, N. S. M., Azaman, A., Hussein, M., & Mat Dzahir, M. A. (2017). Antagonistic Mono- and Bi-Articular Lower-Limb Muscle Activities’ Model Characterization at Different Speeds. MATEC Web Conf., 135, 00065. (Scopus-Indexed)
- Azaman, A, and S.I Yamamoto (2015). Fingertip touch adjust postural orientation during perturbed stance. IUPESM World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering. June 7-12, 2015, Toronto, Canada. (ISI-indexed)
- Azaman, A. and Yamamoto, S-I. (2015) ‘Analysis of joint stiffness of human posture in response to balance ability and limited sensory input during dynamic perturbation’, Int. J. Experimental and Computational Biomechanics. Vol. 3(2): 83-100.
- Aizreena Azaman and S. I. Yamamoto (2013). “Ankle Joint Stiffness and Damping Pattern under Different Frequency of Translation Perturbation.” Applied Mechanics and Materials 393: 703-708. (Scopus-Indexed)
- Azaman, A., and S.I Yamamoto (2015). Role of Hand in Posture Balance Control. 9th South East Asian Technical University Consortium (SEATUC) Symposium. July 27-30 2015, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.
- Azaman, A, and S.I Yamamoto (2014). Balance Process during Repeated Surface Perturbation: Adaptation Response of Joint Stiffness and Muscle Activation. 2014 IEEE EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (IECBES 2014).8-10 December 2014. Sarawak, Malaysia. (ISI-indexed)
- Azaman, A., Ishibashi, M., Ishizawa, M., Yamamoto, S. (2014). ‘Effect of Sensory Manipulations on Human Joint Stiffness Strategy and Its Adaptation for Human Dynamic Stability’. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Science Index 93, International Journal of Medical, Health, Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Engineering, 8(9), 535 – 538. – ICCB 2014 conference.
- Ishibashi, M., Azaman, A., and S.I Yamamoto (2014). Effect of Human Postural Control for Different Perturbation during Walking. 8th South East Asian Technical University Consortium Symposium (SEATUC).
- Azaman, A. and S. I. Yamamoto (2013). Estimation of stiffening strategy of ankle and hip based on joint sway. Neural Engineering (NER), 2013 6th International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Medical and Biology Society. (ISI-indexed)
- A. Azaman, N.A. Kadri, N.A. Abu Osman (2012). Electromagnetic flux modeling of AC field over planar microarray dot electrodes used in dielectrophoretic lab-on-chip device. In M. Long (Ed.) IFMBE Proceedings (Vol. 39th), World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, 26-31 May 2012, Beijing, China. pp 309-312 (ISI-indexed).
- Kumravani a/p Santhirangathan – Ongoing Neck Movement at Work:
Characterization on Soft Skills Occupation
- Maisarah Binti Sulaiman – Muscle Fiber Types Classification Based on Non-
Invasive Electromyography Analysis for Athlete Assessment
- Husnir Nasyuha Binti Abdul Halim – Integration of Pain Assessment and Gait
Characteristics for Knee Osteoarthritis Severity Classification
- Kumravani a/p Santhirangathan – Ongoing Neck Movement at Work:
- Norazebah Binti Hamidon – Gait Analysis for Lower Back Pain Disease
- Zameera Ibrahim – Development of Inverted Pendulum Model for Human
- Sagida Mohamed Ahmed Bilal – Comparative Study on Gait Kinematics
between Microsoft Kinect and VICON Across Different Anthropometric Measurements
- Dzatul Ithri Amran – A Study on Strategies of Improvement of the
- Aina Syafika Binti Bakhtiar – Kolej Kemahiran Tinggi Mara (KKTM)
For More Info
Research Keyword : Gait and posture analysis, electromyography
Lab : Motion Analysis Laboratory