iHumEn evening talk series entitled “Drone and Robotic, a Way Forward” has been held on 12 August 2021 and broadcasted through official Facebook Live and YouTube Live of iHumEn. The forum was moderated by Ts. Dr. Jaysuman Bin Pusppanathan, Research Fellow of Sports Innovation and Technology Centre (SITC), Institute of Human Centered Engineering (iHumEn), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). A thorough discussion was shared by the invited speaker, Mr Wan Mohd Farhan Wan Mohd Fuad, the Vice President of Drone & Robotic Zone (DRZ), Iskandar Investment Berhad.
The motivation for enabling this online webinar series is primarily to continue sustainable innovation and strategic development for service, research, and academics in science, medicine, and technology. Also, to close the gap on the misconception of the addressed topic while providing insightful sharing experiences from the expert. The Drone & Robotic Zone is an ecosystem introduced in 2020 by Iskandar Investment Berhad and was first launched in Southeast Asia. The DRZ Iskandar aims to create a drone and robotics in Iskandar, which would become a growth engine, technology leader, and talent hub for Malaysia and The Asia Pacific.
The discussion covers the importance of fundamental and understanding drone and robotic technology, the emergence of drones in industry, their applications and uses for commercial, industrial, military, security, and future.
Among others, the questions asked by the moderator and audience are as below:
- Can you explain the background and history of drones and robotics at present?
- Drone vs robotics always confuses most people. How do you look at it, and what is the best way to interpret it?
- How does DRZ Iskandar support new graduates as a new start-up in the drone industry for their graduate and career employability?
- How is the marketability of the security industry in drone technology and innovation?
- Can drone technology reduce the project’s cost, for example, in the video production process? Compared to the standard method that eases the task and project, will it produce more creative and outstanding output with the assembly of drones?
- Does the AR relate to the ideology of drones?
To know the answers, you can watch the recorded video from the iHumEn Youtube channel through this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk5INrbxYTU.